Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer Reading Loss

As a first grade teacher, I often talk to the K teachers about students. They often tell me that reading was about to "click" with a child and  they hoped they wouldn't lose all the progress they made over the summer. Unfortunately, the kids that need the most reading over the summer are usually the ones who get the least....

I made a packet for my classroom parents that I hoped would spark them to read with their child ALL summer long! Our school uses the BAS, which is similar to the DRA system. I found the top books that my kiddos enjoyed at each reading level. I also included ideas and questions parents can ask their child before/during/and after they read. . Hopefully they found it helpful!


Check out the entire packet HERE! Enjoy summer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment